The Hellenic Space Agency (HSA) and the United Arab Emirates Space Agency (UAE SA), have signed a memorandum of understanding, the purpose of which is to set up the terms and conditions of a favorable framework for the conduct and the implementation of cooperative activities between the two organizations in the space sector.
These actions include the exchange of staff and scientists between the two organizations, the joint organization of space events and seminars and the cooperation in international and national space activities.
The agreement, signed by the UAE SA’s Director General, Dr. MOHAMMED NASSER AL AHBABI and the HSA’s Chairman, Mr Christodoulos Protopapas, on Tuesday 20 March 2019, will focus on cooperation activities in the following areas:
• Exchange of experts to participate in joint studies, research and activities for technical, operational, and regulatory aspects related to space
• Holding of joint conferences and symposia
• Promotion of the use of products and services developed under the Participants’ programs
• Promotion of educational activities in space science and technology Space research and technology
• Promotion of collaboration between the two countries’ institutes, associations and industries acting in the space sector